2010-2011 School Year High School Transformation Project
On behalf of the IIT Instructional Development System (IDS) Science Team, welcome to the 2010-11 School Year! We are excited to begin another year of IDS implementation. With all the new structural changes, please know we are committed to making this transition easy for you.
As always, our goals are to
- Enhance high school students' science achievement,
- Enhance high school students' understanding of and ability to do scientific inquiry,
- Enhance science teachers’ science content knowledge,
- Enhance science teachers’ understanding of and ability to do scientific and technological inquiry,
- Enhance science teachers’ ability to teach inquiry,
- Enhance science teachers’ ability to use informal education to enhance instruction and their own understanding of science, and
- Enhance students’ awareness of and attitudes towards careers in science.
We are here to support you in attaining these goals! We look forward to working with everyone— both familiar and new!